We are participating in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme and now taking bookings Monday to Wednesday for £10 off food and soft drinks
The Gloucester Old Spot is fully open in glorious technicolour and better than ever having had a new carpark and 2 new garden lawns added in lockdown. We are serving lunch and dinner daily, with food ‘all day’ Fri Sat and Sun. We have branded ourselves as “The Gloucestershire Food Pub” and will continue our support of local farmers and drink makers, serving simply stunning local products that haven’t been overly fussed around with…
We are now taking telephone bookings on 01242 680321. If you wish to book by email, this can also be done on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know:
- Name Time and date of reservation How many members in the party
- Any dietary requirements Preference of sitting indoors or out
- A contact telephone number
We will reply to all bookings requests within 24 hours. Reservations are also being taken for MOTORHOME stopovers by email.
Please read the following and share with your group..
In line with government track and trace system we are obliged to keep your contact details for 21days.
To ensure we are COVID secure we are asking that guests do the following:
- Please do not visit us if you feel unwell or have any symptoms of the Corona Virus.
- Please ensure you use sanitiser on arrival and continue to maintain regular hand washing/sanitising whilst you are here.
- Please do not arrive earlier than your booking time, this is so we can stagger arrivals.
- Please ensure you adhere to social distancing of 2m where possible and remain at your table during your visit other than to use the toilet facilities.
- Please follow any one way systems or queuing systems that we have in place, these are to protect you and our staff.
- The public bar is not open to customers and we will conduct table service.
- We are not taking cash, just card payments.
- Please ensure you have followed the ‘group’ guidelines as set out by the government when booking your table.
- Only up to two families or support ‘bubble’ can sit inside together, that can also be replicated outside. However, outside you can also be a group of up to 6, and these can all be from different households.
Lastly we ask that you are patient with us, these new normal are going to take a bit of adjusting to for all of us. We hope to see you very soon!
Welcome to the Gloucester Old Spot, Trad inside, Babylon outside !
Awards – If Britain’s best selling guide is to be believed The Gloucester Old Spot is the best pub in Cheltenham. Or Gloucestershire and The Cotswolds for that matter, as we are the only pub in this ‘bible’ of the traditional pub world to have a STAR rating. We also win their GOOD FOOD and REAL ALE awards too, and yes this guide is wholly independent. So no need to take our word for it !
English Local Pub – Nestled between Cheltenham and Tewkesbury, The Gloucester Old Spot is ideally located for those in search of a country pub, within a stone’s throw of town. We focus on serving great meals from fresh local ingredients whilst offering a variety of well-kept local ales, ciders and wines. We are proud of our small team of dedicated staff who work hard to provide a fantastic experience on every visit.
Freehouse – The Old Spot is about an escape from the hustle and bustle of the outside world, a welcome return to nostalgia. As a freehouse we are owned by a local family who have run pubs in Cheltenham for 20 years. There’s no brand or theme, just a lovely old pub where the heritage is celebrated and the food and drink are a passion. You can relax in our snug bar, Baronial Dining room or peaceful garden 7 days a week.
If you have enjoyed your visit to The Old Spot, we would be delighted if you would share your view on Tripadvisor or Google Places, thank you!
- Wi-Fi throughout • Great Car Park
- Dog Friendly • Motorhome Stopovers
- Lush Garden Areas • 1 minute to M5
- Disabled access • Disabled Toilet
- Designated Smoking Areas
- Utter Escapism !
Opening Hours –
11am – 10pm Sun to Weds
11am – 11pm Thurs to Sat
Noon – 2pm and 6 – 8.30pm Mon to Thurs
Noon all day to 9pm Fri, Sat and Sun (8pm Sunday)